Aspire to Inspire
What has been most exciting of all in reaching for this goal is the potential to inspire and provide transformative opportunities, helping others to pursue their own dreams. As The Dream Cup circle grows, so do opportunities to mentor, facilitate, to collaborate and find new innovative and creative ways of working together.
Through the success of these fundraising efforts, The Dream Cup aims to help Barbados’ top tennis talent and emerging players in their quest for success and also, by providing support to the Barbados Tennis Association’s School Initiative Programme, which brings tennis to a large number of children who would otherwise be unable to afford to participate.
In years to come, The Dream Cup, aims to expand its role in helping others in the wider sports arena; to create opportunities within its own unique network and to benefit the wider local economy through the promotion of Barbados to a global audience as a high-end sports tourism and luxury destination.
To find out more about the initiatives and how you can help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Scholarship provides assistance in many ways:
• Mentoring – The Dream Cup arranges for the junior athletes to meet with the current Dream Sponsorship players, in order to become inspired and motivated. Juniors will gain first hand knowledge about life as an elite athlete as well as learn about the hard work and dedication needed to succeed.
• Management – The Dream Cup provides assistance in planning tournaments, additional sponsorship, finding the right coaches, and providing direction to the junior athletes. Management also includes handling Visa requirements, travel arrangements, and more.
• Funding – The Dream Cup assists with funding for international tournaments and off-island training at a prestigious international tennis academy.
• Provide inspirational opportunities to young local entrepreneurs to pursue their dreams and to provide a practical avenue for them to do so through our internship program
• Provide a chance to apply skills gained during University level study with The Dream Cup team and/ or its close partners
• Provide an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a real-life business environment; grow your confidence, build your CV and your career.
• Networking – creating career development opportunities within the professional tennis community.
• Management – includes leveraging opportunities to earn additional sponsorship; providing career guidance and dealing with day-to-day arrangements that are required for a successful tennis career.
• Financial Assistance - to support the high cost of training and attending international tennis tournaments.
PRECIOUS TOUCH FOUNDATION
THE DIABETES ASSOCIATION OF BARBADOS
In addition to these, the Association also has a focus on young people living with diabetes. We therefore offer the only summer camp for children between the ages of 5 and 16 years, living with diabetes in Barbados, known as Camp Pride. In addition to this, Blueprint Barbados, our youth arm, is a group of young adults both with and without diabetes striving for change in Barbados. They aim to support youth with diabetes and to promote awareness about the diabetes epidemic in Barbados and by extension the Caribbean. One of their focus areas is Healthy Living, where they, in very creative ways, educate people about diabetes and encourage them to live healthier lives thus helping reduce the number of people living with Type 2 diabetes in Barbados.
The Charity’s beneficiary is the public healthcare system of Barbados. Through the BIBA Charity Fund, tangible goods and equipment that their charitable donations can assist with immediately will be purchased, thus saving time and administrative cost and most importantly, helping those in need right away.